The top 100 SEO tips for Google!
When dealing with SEO, tips are never enough! For this reason, we recorded and present you, not one or two, but the 100 best SEO tips, which will help your site to get a higher rank on Google and other search engines!
The following actions are separated into on-SEO site, i.e. those that you can carry in your site and have to do with titles, links, etc., and off-site SEO, relating to practices outside that, as is the promotion of the public through social media.
Let’s look in more detail!
1. Make sure your site to be simple and user-friendly. While it may seem strange, positive user experience translates into more time on the site and therefore extra points to SEO ranking.
2. Create short and descriptive title tags for each page of your site, which will not exceed 70 characters.
3. Monitor periodically changes in Google’s algorithm and made sure to inform your site accordingly.
4. Take care of security in your website , as Google puts special emphasis on this .
5. The loading time of a page is a key parameter in Google’s algorithm for ranking in search results. Use a plugin or extension for page caching, such as WP Super Cache for WordPress, to attain faster load times!
6. Monitor the competition. Identify the practices of the top-ranked sites and customize to your own data.
7. Choose a reputable web hosting company, which will give you the highest possible uptime and high speed. A site with frequent downtime or low speed is ranked lower in the results.
8. The location where the server is hosting your site is likely to affect the classification of the results. If you want to aim at local, choose a server in Greece.
9. Make sure you frequently keep backup of your site, to be sure in any case that will not lose data and your ranking.
10. Create an XML Sitemap . So you help the search engines distinguish and quickly register your pages.
11. Watch the structure in the code of your site, in order to avoid errors in HTML. Make a check with W3C Validation and correct the major errors.
12. Keep updated the page with your contact information. That makes it preferred by search engines.
13. Launch a mobile version of your site. Search engines most positively evaluate the responsive sites . Not to deal with incompatibility problems, choose a responsive design , the design of your site, and update the mobile version of any change that you make later in the design.
14. Avoid pop-ups in the mobile version. They are likely to experience difficulties in their closing and drive the user off your site.
15. Follow the Quality Guidelines of Google to be sure that none of this will not affect your rankings!
16. Choose whether to use the main URL www.yourdomain.gr or yourdomain.gr and make the respective settings to be according to the “301 redirect” protocol.
17. If you wish to include a keyword in your domain name, preferred to place it in the beginning.
18. Google prefers to register sites with increased security and gives additional impetus to the ranking . Use an SSL Certificate for the safety of the site and ensure your registration to Google.
19. Make the appropriate settings so that your internal links open in the same browser tab while external links you use, in a different. That way you keep the visitor longer on your site, and you maintain the low bounce rate .
20. Mention your site, in your own internal links, where necessary. So you achieve two objectives: to further inform the user about a subject, but also increase the popularity of your links, that Google considers too.
21. Form descriptive anchor texts: avoided those saying Read more or Click here.
22. Try to form the URLs to not exceed 100 characters.
23. Set the URL links to not use dynamic parameters (eg. categoryid = 285). Make sure there is a descriptive and short of www.yourdomain.gr/post-name form.
24. Use keywords in permalinks of your site, since that Google gives important consideration. Also, the same the link will function as anchor text, even if the opportunity is given to you to create one.
25. If the permalink contains more than one word, used for their separation hyphens (-) and not underscores (_).
26. Attention to your 404 page: give options to the user for alternative pages, list the channels that feature or make automatic redirection to your homepage. If you leave this blank, your visitor, probably, will leave the site.
27. Update your pages and check for broken links that need correction, within them. This can help you and Google Webmaster Tools , as states the broken links that Google bots have detected in your site. Alternatively, there are other plugins, such as Broken Checker Link for WordPress.
28. Check where your pages are republished using Google Webmaster Tools . The forwarding through a site with good reputation, gives positive signals to the search engines.
29. Make sure that all the pages of your site are being linked together with internal links.
30. Show on your homepage the most important pages of the site, that you want someone to visit when he reaches your site.
31. Try to post your links in the middle of paragraphs, or at the beginning of the text, by monitoring them with appropriate descriptive and relevant text.
32. Prefer small titles within the pages: 6-8 words are enough.
33. Start your article with a title that will grab the interest of the visitor / reader. Make some tests and find the balance between the size and description.
34. If your text includes infographics or videos, inform your potential reader in title. B.C. How to create an email through the Plesk [VIDEO].
35. Consult a control tool for best titles.
36. Try to create a title with a question and made sure to answer as fully as possible in the text.
37. Place the keywords at the beginning of the title: eg. SEO: Put your site on #1 of search engines.
38. When you have the opportunity, refer to your brand over the title: eg. Our favorite Chrome Extensions in DigiDome .
39. Your first concern in designing the content must be quality. Carefully create texts without spelling and typing errors!
40. Be sure to create texts targeted to the user and not the search engine. This was effective before, but now that has changed!
41. Frequently update the content of your website. So you show interest to your reader and increase your popularity. If you have not, however, something new to offer, try not to repeat. Google is likely to give a lower ranking to your site because of duplicate content.
42. It is preferable to use your own text than to reproduce pieces from other sites. If, however, you use reliable sources, provide them: good quality sign.
43. Try to get over 1000 words in each post. Do not write long posts without reason and care to maintain the quality!
44. Use numbered lists rather than paragraphs. The reading becomes more enjoyable for your visitors so you increase your chances he will continue to read your text.
45. Give the user a text which he will want to read to the end. The longer he remains on your site, the page is recognized as reliable in the “perception” of the search engine.
46. Use keywords, but do not get carried away in excessive repetition as it is possible that your content is considered spam. At the same time, make sure to mention the main keywords within the first 100 words of text.
47. Avoid the redundant categories in your posts, since it is likely to be considered as spam. If each post is listed in one or two categories, it is enough.
48. Since the CMS supports your tags, use them sparingly. Take care to include them only if they properly describe your content and not if merely refers to a word in a text.
49. Consult the Google Webmaster Tools , to locate the appropriate keywords that generate traffic to your site. Emphasise that, but keep in mind that there are other keywords that your potential customers can use in their searches, but not appearing in Google Webmaster Tools, because your own site may not have a good position in these searches .
50. If you can spare some money, use the Pay Per Click service Google AdWords , it can offer you much traffic from targeted keywords. Through the tools, however, offered by Google AdWords, you can reliably discover new keywords that people use in their searches.
51. Use keywords that indicate the place in which it operates. You have much more chance of appearing in search results, which are made from mobile devices. Remember that 50% of mobile searches, targeted locally .
52. Dare the guest blogging on your site, by someone expert. A subject covered by a specialist, becomes easier to read and brings more traffic.
53. Create videos that the user will be pleasantly watch. It is another way to keep a low bounce rate.
54. Include infographics or GIFs in your writings. A user will share a picture more easily than a text.
55. Avoid having multiple pages with limited text. Prefer few pages on your site, rich in quality content. The quality takes precedence over quantity in all the tips for SEO.
56. Start a blog on your site! Find the needs experienced by your users and meet with strong and reliable content. The “spiders” of Google will reward for the fresh “food” to the offer, with a better position in search results.
57. Close each of your text with a call-to-action, in order to keep contact with the user, even after you finish reading your content.
58. Use, if possible, your own pictures that will be unique on the internet. Search engines do not like copies. Plus, with online tools available like Canva and the convenience provided by the cameras of mobile phones, it is very simple to create high quality images and unique pictures.
59. Reduce the size of images you upload. Ideally, make sure not to exceed 100KB.
60. Name an image with keywords that describe it exactly. Think how you would explain it to someone who can not see it, and select the most appropriate words.
61. Do not forget the Alt text! It is important to describe your image when you can not be displayed in the browser, but do not exceed the 12 words.
62. Include the words “picture” or “image” in the above descriptions.
63. If you have the right titles to your old pictures, rename them, this time having keywords in mind. Worths it!
64. If you upload a few pictures, choose the .png format. They may be slightly larger, but support many colors and do not lose quality.
65. If on your site you need many small sized images (eg. if you maintain an e-shop), choose the .jpg files for better quality at smaller image sizes.
66. Where possible, use CSS instead of images, eg. to create a monochrome area in the color you want or a button. The CSS loads faster and has a better user experience.
67. Avoid using Flash , which may not work in the mobile version. If you want to add something special to your site, better use HTML5 .
68. Remember that the quantity and quality of the images significantly affect the loading time of each page of your site. There are several tools available online, such as JPEGmini , with which you can optimize the size, without affecting the end result.
69. Place each image next to the text that accompanies it, to make it even clearer to search engines where indicated.
70. Add a plugin for SEO on your site, such as the Yoast SEO for WordPress sites. So, you will have direct control of metadata, which play an important role in the rankings.
71. It would be better the meta title of each post does not exceed 60 characters. Even if the title of a text is larger, the meta title should keep the 60-character limit, modifying it accordingly.
72. Limit the meta description of your text to 160 characters, to optimize the appearance of the search engines. If you have an offer for your customers, you can add it at the end of the meta description.
73. Write different meta information to describe each page of your site, so as not to affect the results of any double counting.
74. Try to use descriptive phrases with the necessary keywords, not just simple words that are trivial and will not help you stand out.
75. Give value to the metadata. Clearly tell the user how it will benefit you visit your site. This information is usually displayed in search results, so it is still an ad space that you can exploit.
76. Take advantage of personal communication to increase the engagement with your guests. Care to answer their questions and provide them with the information they seek.
77. Share the content of other sites that you appreciate and it is very likely they will share yours.
78. Try to comment, and help with your answers, in sites and blogs with content related to yours.
79. Register your site on Google .
80. Start guest blogging on other sites, with content common to your object, covering topics which you know well.
81. Register your site to directories like DMOZ or Yahoo Directory . You may not receive immediate results from them, but you have nothing to lose.
82. Get involved in reliable forums on your subject and direct users to your site for more expertise, when needed. This will earn the trust of stakeholders, will acquire more traffic and links to your site.
83. Do not buy links! Earn, following the above tips and you will not have any problem with spam listings of Google.
84. Create appropriate content, and you will see the shares to grow automatically! If you have the necessary information, your links will be shared much more easily by people related to your subject.
85. Even if they do not easily find you, ask the same from other bloggers or professionals to share your content. It’s a win-win situation!
86. The relationship you develop with customers, your suppliers and other online users will help in link building. If you ask them to share your content, they probably will.
87. Avoid posting your links without first double-checking them to other sites or forums, as it is likely to be considered spam if they are wrong.
88. Give attention to the links of other sites that republish your site, being an indication of the quality of your content. Prefer reliable sources, that you know they have a good ranking in search engines.
89. Create a Google+ page for your site. The verification through the process required, build trust with Google. At the same time, ask from your visitors to leave their positive comments.
90. Display on your site all communication channels available to them, so guests can keep in touch with you even when they leave it.
91. You do not need to use all platforms available! Target to those you have time to monitor and where the audience is interested.
92. Get involved in the various groups that exist, in the platforms you choose to participate, and are associated with your purpose, in order to build a good reputation.
93. Please complete all fields available in each platform for better optimization.
94. Use keywords and social media, but always in moderation!
95. Make frequent posts to your accounts on social media and keep them always as informed as possible.
96. Use photos and lead the user to your site through them.
97. Enrich with hashtags texts that accompany your posts on social media, to reach more easily the public interest.
98. Add social sharing buttons to your site. Give the opportunity to the user to directly share the content of intrigued.
99. Make sure your strategy in social media works in parallel with the SEO, rather than replacing it.
And of course…
100. Continue to seek practical and adapt to the new circumstances. The process of SEO never ends and continually demands your attention!